I’m pleased to present a great list of links for your reading and viewing pleasure.
- Mekubal has been bravely reporting details about the pedophile ring in the Nachlaot neighborhood of Jerusalem.
- The Ministry of Public Diplomacy start a website for sending new year greetings to Jews across the globe, and publicized it with a sophisticated radio campaign. Problem is, they provide a choice of bizarre English greetings.
- Chaya has decided not to take her children to shul this year. She explains why in Staying Home on Rosh Hashanah.
- I wish that we could hear the end of this story but it is continuing: Religious Infighting in Beit Shemesh. Rafi lists some indications that the kannaim are weakening.
- JewNet explains why she’s celebrating six years of being in a wheelchair.
- At the age of 41, Mirj learned an important lesson about motherhood.
- This is kind of an antidote to my post yesterday about the veiled women: Orthodox Dress Gets Sexy.
- Check out the newest Kosher Cooking Carnival at Cooking Outside the Box with lots of ideas for Rosh Hashanah.
- Read this account of a hijab-wearing Moslem trying to get a job as a television reporter.
- Received from reader Neshama: Attention all “better-in-English”-speakers living in Israel. There’s a new English language version of the survey on the social protest, which can be completed by Iphone or computer. Please help represent Anglos in Israel by taking the survey and SHARING it. Link: https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/
- Rosh Hashanah Menu Planning and the Vegetarian Child.
Hoping that your Rosh Hashanah preparations are going smoothly.