Never miss a post: Sign up for email updates via Feedblitz.
- Tu BeShevat begins tonight. Read about some of the myths of the holiday at Green Prophet. I also wrote Name that Fruit: A Tu Beshevat Game.
- My mention of Amy Chua’s book generated a lot of discussion, so I’ll link to some online responses. First, Jessica Gottlieb reviewed the book at Tiger without a Plan.
- David Brooks at the New York Times writes a disingenuous response, claiming that Chua is a wimp because she doesn’t let her kids get —œcognitive skills— from sleepovers with 14-year-olds.
- Hugo Schwyzer presents a different point of view, as a professor at a college enrolling large numbers of students with Asian ancestry: It Would Be Funny if It Weren’t So Deadly.
- On a different note, Kosher on a Budget posts excellent tips for making Chesed Meals, the ones for people in your community who are having a baby, moving or going through a crisis.
- Rusty Mike Radio offers a podcast on How to Run a Family Budget in Israel.
Happy Tu BeShevat!