I am reprinting the questions here, and am happy to link to bloggers who didn’t have a chance to respond the first time.
- For married women, do you dress by the same standards as you did when you got married?
- Also for married women, do you and your husband conflict about this issue?
- Have your standards changed from when you were growing up, and why?
- Do you often feel uncomfortable when you are in the company of a group keeping higher or lower standards than you?
- If you have ever suddenly changed your standard of dress, did people treat you differently or make approving/disapproving remarks?
- How accepting is your community of women who “deviate” from the generally accepted mode of dress?
- If you have a daughter, has tzniut become an issue yet?
- Please add any comments you care to share on the topic.
I’m well aware that non-Orthodox and non-Jewish women (and men!) also have standards for how modestly they dress, and they are welcome to participate.
See here for more posts on Tzniut.